Your Data Protection on our Website.
Laurann O'Reilly is the Data Controller which means that she decides how your personal data in terms of her Nutritional Consultation Practice practice is processed and for what purposes.How is your Personal Data processed?
Laurann O'Reilly complies with the obligations and data protection requirements under GDPR. This ensures that all reasonable measures are taken to protect your personal information at all times.
Your data is collected from you when you request an appointment, place an order of any kind, from free downloadable materials or participate in our other communications.The information collected may include the following:
• Your full name,
• Date of birth,
• Email address,
• Postal address,
• IP address,
• Payment information via a third party (payment processors) and visitor data to our website which is collected anonymously.What is your Personal Data used for?
Information collected from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:1
. To personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.2
. To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.3
. To validate you are a real person.4
. To improve our customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.5
. To process financial transactions.6
. To notify you of services / products you may be interested in.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or our services to you. The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and our services.How is your Personal Data protected?
There are a variety of security measures in place to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information:1
. A secure and resilient hosting platform is used.2.
All supplied sensitive or credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a Payment Gateway 3. 3.
4. For how long is your Data retained?
5. For insurance purposes your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) is kept for a minimum of 7 years after your last consultation.
After this time it will be destroyed.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
1. The right to request a copy of your personal data which the we hold about you.
2. The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
3. The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
4. The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
5. The right to object to the processing of personal data, e.g. marketing, profiling etc.
6. The right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner